Philippines Underwater Photo Workshop - June 2013
Underwater Photography Guide's 2013 Philippines Visayas Photo Workshop
Join us in June of 2013 for lots of macro, whale sharks and LOTS of fish! Led by photo pro Mike Bartick
Fly into Cebu for 7 days of incredible liveaboard diving in the Visayas region of The Philippines.
Combine this with our liveaboard adventure in Palau to experience the Ultimate Underwater Photo trip! We will be leaving The Philippines for Palau immediately after this workshop to continue the excitment for an additional 7 days. Cost for both trips is only $4,649.
This is part one of the Ultimate trip. To attend only this portion of the trip, the cost is $2,349.
The Visayas region is home to some of the best diving in the Philippines, with its wide diversity of marine life, steep coral covered walls, gentle sloping reefs and muck diving hotspots. During the tour we visit and dive the islands of Cebu, Cabilao, Panglao, Balicasag and Pescador. Along with Apo Island marine sanctuary and critter hot spot Dauin. Our 7 night liveaboard diving trip offers not only fantastic macro and the chance to see schooling fish, but also the possibility of some larger pelagics too as the shy thresher sharks come in to feed on schools of sardines.
June 15th - 21st, 2013
Featuring calm seas and incredible aquatic diversity
Expert underwater photo instruction daily
Huge schools of jacks and lionfish, turtles, frogfish, triggerfish, crustaceans and molluscs
Schools of sardines with hunting thresher sharks at Moalboal
Whale shark sightings! Every trip has seen whale sharks so far in 2012 at Cebu Island
Skeleton shrimps, cockatoo waspfish, frogfish, seahorses, nudibrachs, pipe horses blue-ring and mimic octopus - a true macro critter playground!
About the Visayan Islands, Philippines
The Visayas region of the Philippines, nestled between Luzon in the north and Mindanao to the south, is made up of the islands of Cebu, Panay, Negros, Bohol, Leyte and Samar and all the smaller islands in between. One of the World's most biologically diverse regions the area is a must for divers, adventurers and nature lovers. Cave systems, rivers, national parks and world renowned beaches are just some of the wonders that bring tourists to the region. The world's smallest monkey, the Tarsier, is endemic to the island of Bohol.
We will be sailing with our friends at Worldwide Dive & Sail on their luxury liveaboard dive yacht!
Features of the yacht include:
- An expansive leisure & diving deck area
- A spacious air-conditioned saloon with cocktail bar, 42 inch flatscreen & computer server supporting the inter-cabin network
- Covered outdoor dining area
- 8 large air-conditioned cabins each with their own personal computer, audio-visual entertainment system and ensuite bathrooms with hot water. All rooms are lavished with luxury extra’s including bathrobes, hair dryers, towels, individually controlled mood lighting and individual controls for your air-conditioning unit.
- Laundry Service
- Massage Service
- Yacht Boutique, which will make available to customers Worldwide Dive and Sail merchandise
- Enriched Air Nitrox is free for all certified Nirox divers. If you are not a certified Nitrox diver all our instructors can certainly teach you the Enriched Air Specialty
- 2 high-powered Zodiacs accompany the S/Y Philippine Siren
Special features for underwater photographers:
- Each cabin is fitted with an individual computer and multiple power sources to facilitate the needs of digital photography. The computer features high end specifications and 20” high definition flatscreens, which are integrated with the yachts network server in the saloon.
- Workstations for the preparation and maintenance of cameras including prep and storage areas
- Large rinse tanks with fresh water solely for cameras and videos.
Photo of a room on the liveaboard
The luxurious saloon where one might spend their free time on the trip
The beautiful sun deck
If you want to know more, you can find additional information here: http://worldwidediveandsail.com/ourboats/sy-philippinesiren.html
Flights should be booked in and out of the Cebu airport. Some international airlines will fly directly to Cebu, but some will not. You may need to book into Manila and then take a short flight from there to Cebu. You should plan to arrive in the morning on the first day of the trip and leave sometime in the afternoon/evening on the last day.
If you are continuing on with us to Palau after this workshop, we will help arrange flights there (at an additional charge).
Visas and Passports
Citizens of China, India and socialist countries require a visa before being allowed entry into the Philippines. Citizens of other countries will be given a 21 day visa upon arrival, so long as they have a current passport and an onward air ticket. If you intend to stay longer than 21 days but less than 59 days you may obtain a multiple entry 59 day visa from your nearest Philippines consulate, prior to arrival.
Combo Trip to Palau
Most of us will be following this trip by flying to Palau immediately afterward and continuing the photo workshop with an additional week on a Worldwide Dive & Sail luxury liveaboard. Combo price for both trips is only $4,696 and we will help arrange flights between the two locations. It's the Ultimate Photo Workshop - you won't want to miss it!
To reserve your spot on the trip we ask a deposit of $450 (if you are going on both, $900). There will be 15 spaces available and we expect them to fill up fast.
If you have any questions or would like to sign up for this trip, please e-mail Travis at email@example.com
Underwater Photos from The Philippines
SUPPORT THE UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDE:
The Best Service & Prices on u/w Photo Gear
Visit Bluewater Photo & Video for all your underwater photography and video gear. Click, or call the team at (310) 633-5052 for expert advice!
The Best Pricing, Service & Expert Advice to Book your Dive Trips
Bluewater Travel is your full-service scuba travel agency. Let our expert advisers plan and book your next dive vacation. Run by divers, for divers.