Anilao Underwater Photo Workshop and Shootout 2011
UWPG Anilao Underwater Photo Workshop & Shootout 2011
10 nights, 11 days at the upscale Crystal Blue Resort in Anilao, Philippines May 20th - 30th, 2011
Experience more photo subjects than you have ever dreamed of.
Anilao boasts some of the richest reefs in the world. Whether at 100ft or 10ft depth, you will be inundated with photo subjects that will fill up your memory card before the day is over. Almost all species on our critter list can be found in Anilao - such as rhinopia, blue-ring octopus, hairy frogfish, flamboyant cuttlefish & bobbit worms, along with huge schools of jacks, great barracuda, sharks and beautiful soft corals. Anilao is also the nudibranch capital of the world.
Your hosts are Anilao experts Scott Gietler and Mike Bartick. Mike and Scott know the Anilao reefs inside and out, and will show you where to take that perfect wide-angle, macro or critter behavior shot.
- $1750 includes an amazing 36 dives, including all meals, nitrox, and transport to/from Manila. This is an awesome deal! You just need to purchase airfare to Manila
- 10 nights, 11 days, 4 dives a day
- Deluxe accommodation in sealed rooms with air-con
- Small dive guide to diver ratios, long dives
- Nightly photo clinics and workshops to help you improve your photography
- We will visit the best dive sites early and often! Most sites are just 10-20 minutes from the resort
- May is the best time to dive Anilao, with warm water and great visibility
- Prizes for photographing the most critters, the most nudibranch species, best video, and the best macro, wide-angle, and behavior shots
- 1 week stays may also be available, inquire for prices
- Photographers with even the smallest point and shoot camera will feel very welcome here, and will come home with some great shots
- we will have several boats, so you can dive the type of sites you like
Arrive Manila airport the morning of May 20th, and afternoon / evening on May 30th. The airport code is MNL. A 20% deposit holds your spot. Email us for exact recommended departure / arrival times. We will arrange transport to the resort.
A 20% deposit ($350) holds your spot. Final payment must be made by April 1st.
Email email@example.com to sign up, or if you have any questions.
Join our other 2011 UWPG trips
Here's the rooms at Crystal Blue Resort, near Anilao's best dive sites. The resort has a bar, restaurant, spa, jacuzzi, awesome food and great rooms - along with a great dive center than pumps Nitrox.
Photograph giant seahorses in soft coral.
Anilao is full of healthy reefs like this
It's a great place to see the Bobbit worm
Lots of frogfish in Anilao!
We'll find lots of these guys for sure.
It's not uncommon to find over 100 nudibranch species on a trip, like these grazing Ceratosoma trilobatum
We also will see tons of crinoids, giant barrel sponges, mantis shrimp, garden eels, gobies, shrimps, crabs, seahorses, pipefish, several octopus species, and every kind of fish imaginable. Our group collectively will probably also find over 100 nudibranch species. There are calm sites, and sites with currents and pelagics. Muck and lush coral sites.
See more photos from Anilao on our Guide to diving Anilao
SUPPORT THE UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDE:
The Best Service & Prices on u/w Photo Gear
Visit Bluewater Photo & Video for all your underwater photography and video gear. Click, or call the team at (310) 633-5052 for expert advice!
The Best Pricing, Service & Expert Advice to Book your Dive Trips
Bluewater Travel is your full-service scuba travel agency. Let our expert advisers plan and book your next dive vacation. Run by divers, for divers.