Catalina island macro
Underwater macro photography at Catalina Island
Janolus nudibranch, ship rock, Catalina island. 60mm lens, F18, ISO 250, 1/250th
Spanish shawl nudibranch, Catalina island, 105mm lens + subsee diopter, F20
Serpulid worm, Catalina island, Nikon 105mm macro lens, F18
Christmas tree worm, Catalina island, 105mm macro lens, F25
White zooanthid anemones, Little Farnsworth, Catalina. 60mm macro lens, F11
Underwater macro tips for Catalina Island
- Nudibranchs are most prevalent in March - June, in 50-120ft of water.
- The Two Harbors area, especially Ship Rock, will have the best nudibranch selection.
- Also look on the bow of the Valient Wreck, deep at the West end cove, at Farnsworth banks and at Little Farnsworth
- A 60mm lens with a 1.4x teleconverter, or a 105mm lens with a wet diopter are great setups.
- Photographing marine life behavior
- Dive Site Research for underwater photography
- Underwater photography destinations
SUPPORT THE UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDE:
The Best Service & Prices on u/w Photo Gear
Visit Bluewater Photo & Video for all your underwater photography and video gear. Click, or call the team at (310) 633-5052 for expert advice!
The Best Pricing, Service & Expert Advice to Book your Dive Trips
Bluewater Travel is your full-service scuba travel agency. Let our expert advisers plan and book your next dive vacation. Run by divers, for divers.