Grouper Spawning in French Polynesia
2017 French Polynesia
Grouper Spawning Underwater Photo Workshop
Join us July 2 - 12, 2017 for some of the best shark diving in the world on French Polynesia's newest and most luxurious liveaboard!
Sail for 10 nights and dive with hundreds of grey reef sharks, whitetip sharks, blacktip sharks, lemon sharks, tiger sharks, silvertip sharks and silky sharks.
July 2 - 12, 2017
Lower Cabin - $5,675
Upper Cabin - $5,975
One Single Cabin - $6,995
About the Trip
- Timed for the annual grouper spawning event where thousands of marbled groupers gather
- One of the best destinations for sharks with regular sightings of 7 different species
- Hundreds of marbled groupers, huge Napoleon wrasse and bottlenose dolphins
- Sail and dive in comfort on one of the most luxurious boats aboard the French Polynesia Master
- Expert underwater photo instruction daily
- Led by Bluewater Photo owner Scott Gielter
- Beginner photographers welcome
The 10 day trip sails through the Tuamotu Island chain, from Fakarava to Rangiroa. Dives with the pelagics are typically drift dives and are dependent on the incoming and outgoing tides for each island. There will also be dives with less current on outer reefs, plauteaus and coral gardens within the lagoons. The grouper spawning will occur on July 7-9th, as full moon is on July 8th.
Conditions in July
Water temperature will be around 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit with good visibility.
Daily Photo Workshops
Workshops will be given daily on topics such as wide-angle underwater photography, ambient light shots, snorkeling with large animals, strobe exposure and positions, avoiding backscatter and composition.
Trip attendees should fly into Fakarava Airport (airport code FAV) and out of Rangiroa Airport (RGI). There are mulitple flights per week between Tahiti (airport code PPT) and Fakarava and daily flights between Tahiti and Rangiroa. Both flights are only 1hr in duration.
We advise divers that if possible to arrive a day earlier in French Polynesia so you are well rested before the workshop. Return flights should be made after 12pm on the last day of the trip.
Airport transfers are included.
Not Included: National Park Fees, nitrox, dive rental equipment, alcoholic beverages and gratuity.
- Deposit: $900 is required to confirm your spot on this fantastic trip.
- 2nd installment: $1,000 due Jun 15, 2016
- 3rd installment: $2,000 due Dec 15, 2016
- Final Payment is due Mar 15, 2017
Email email@example.com for more info and to book your spot!
Call us at (310) 915-6677
Stop by our office at 3961 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 206 Culver City, CA 90230
Webinar about Fakarava/Rangiroa, Marine Life and Great Accomodation Options
Photos from Previous Trips
SUPPORT THE UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDE:
The Best Service & Prices on u/w Photo Gear
Visit Bluewater Photo & Video for all your underwater photography and video gear. Click, or call the team at (310) 633-5052 for expert advice!
The Best Pricing, Service & Expert Advice to Book your Dive Trips
Bluewater Travel is your full-service scuba travel agency. Let our expert advisers plan and book your next dive vacation. Run by divers, for divers.