Nauticam Announces Housing for Lumix GF3
Nauticam Announces the NA-GF3 Housing for Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
This housing will open the underwater world to one of the smallest, best imaging cameras by Lumix
By Eric Aubort
The NA-GF3 housing from Nauticam delivers the advanced functionality of the GF3 in style and with the ergonomics that people have come to expect from Nauticam.
Nauticam NA-GF3 Housing:
- This is a very compact and lightweight housing, with all of the key GF3 camera controls available from the ergonomic grip sculpted into the side of the housing. A choice of hand strap and left/right handle means the shooter can customize the housing to meet their specific needs.
- The same Nauticam patented mini locking port release system used in GF2, NEX-5 and E-PL2 housings has been incorporated, allowing easy and secure port changes. Ports are available for the major lenses that are useful underwater, including the Lumix 14-42mm kit lens, the Lumix G Fisheye 8mm, Lumix 7-14mm, and the Panasonic Leica 45mm macro lens.
- The sculpted housing fits the GF3 camera perfectly - the camera is quickly mounted in the housing via a snap in camera tray, and the housing is securely closed with a locking rotary latch
- The shutter release is sculpted into the housing itself, landing the right index perfectly on the button. A four way controller with set button is easily reached from the right. New in the GF3 housing – video record and set button are larger and have a concave face, making them easier to distinguish, further adding the ease of use. Zoom is easily accessed from the left side of the housing.
- NA-GF3 also features an audible and visual leak detector and cold shoe accessory mount.
Adding to the Nauticam Port System:
- The port system for NA-GF3 expands upon the existing port system for the NEX-5 housing, adding additional ports for the Panasonic Lumix m4/3 lenses. Olympus m4/3 lenses and Leica m4/3 lenses can be used with this camera as well, further expanding the lens choices.
- Lenses initially supported include the Lumix 14-42mm, Lumix 14mm/2.5, Lumix 8mm Fisheye, Lumix 7-14mm, Leica 45mm macro, Olympus 14-42mm, and Olympus 9-18mm. Zoom gears are available for the zoom lenses listed. The macro port includes a standard 67mm threaded mounting point for adding accessory wet lenses.
Optical Flash Connectors for Inon S-TTL, and Sea & Sea DS-TTL:
- Reliable automatic flash exposure is available with Nauticam housings and a variety of optically fired flashes. Inon Z-240, D-2000, S-2000, Sea & Sea YS-110 Alpha, and YS-01 strobes provide automated lighting, precisely reproducing the camera’s onboard flash at a proportionally greater intensity. This system yields accurate TTL flash performance with no electrical sync cables to flood! With GF3, optical TTL is enhanced even more since GF3 can perform TTL in manual exposure mode.
- Strobes can be attached to the housing via optional strobe mounting balls on the handles or a single strobe mounting ball point on the housing. The housing also features a cold-shoe mount for even more mounting options.
- Depth Rating: 100m
- 166mm x 127mm x 92mm
- Weight: 1.03kg (2.2 lbs.)
- Model Number: 17704
Estimated Shipping Date: October 31, 2011
More information is available from Nauticam USA at:
Support the Underwater Photography Guide
Please support the Underwater Photography Guide by purchasing your underwater photography gear through our sister site, Bluewater Photo & Video. Click, or call them at (310) 633-5052 for expert advice!
SUPPORT THE UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDE:
The Best Service & Prices on u/w Photo Gear
Visit Bluewater Photo & Video for all your underwater photography and video gear. Click, or call the team at (310) 633-5052 for expert advice!
The Best Pricing, Service & Expert Advice to Book your Dive Trips
Bluewater Travel is your full-service scuba travel agency. Let our expert advisers plan and book your next dive vacation. Run by divers, for divers.