Sea & Sea DX-2G Underwater Camera Review
Some technical features
The Sea & Sea DX 2G shoots in RAW including 3:2 and 1:1 and RAW/JPEG bracketing and multiple JPEG modes, JPEG mode for those who want smaller files and have simpler post processing needs, RAW mode for those who want more control and prefer advanced options for post processing. The cameras RAW mode uses Adobe’s DNG standard format, which is nice - it means you don't need to wait until your RAW editor supports the Ricoh standard.
A powerful but light weight camera
The Sea & Sea DX 2G review screen offers highlight warning feature that will blink in the overexposed areas giving the photographer a warning so corrections can be made and a live histogram display to help advanced photographers determine their correct exposure and make any adjustments. The histogram is simply a bar graph of the tones in the image and provides feedback to help you to make the exposure as bright as possible without loosing too much detail in the highlights.
Camera (Ricoh GX200)
- 12.1 million effective pixels in a 1/1.7" primary color CCD
- With the enlarge buffer you can capture 5 consecutive images with a 3 sec write time in RAW mode.
- 1/2" close up photography possible without an accessory lens.
- The Sea & Sea DX2G Underwater Digital Camera offers 24-72mm optical zoom
- Sea & Sea white balance mode provides color correction when shooting available light
- Built-in electronic level allows you to verify that the camera is level for landscape photography
- Dual fiber-optic cable connector sockets
- Comes with an LCD monitor hood to improve LCD
- Shutter: 180-1/2000 sec
- Aperture: F2.5 - F4.4
- Exposure Modes: Auto shooting mode, Program shift mode, Aperture priority mode, Manual exposure mode
- Zoom: 3x Optical Zoom Plus 4x Digital Zoom
- Memory Card: SD and SDHC up to 16GB
- Internal Memory: 54MB
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable or 2x AAA Batteries
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.3 x 1"
- Weight: 7.3 oz
- DX-2G Housing
- [Depth rating]55m / 180ft
- [Dimensions (WxHxD)]158x109x109mm / 6.3x4.4x4.4inch
- [Weight]Approx. 530g / 18.6oz (excluding hand strap)
- [Underwater weight]Approx. -110g / -3.9oz