time for upgrade help

Ask about gear, cameras, lenses, technique or lighting

Moderators: tswinner, bvanant

Postby gregor-uk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:11 pm

hey everyone

Looking for some advice here looking to upgrade from my sealife dc1200 to a better set up but kinda confused out there with choices. I have been thinking about using my sony NEX5 as my main UW camera but not found to many reviews on it I like the mirrorless cams for weight etc with travelling lots plus i already have the 18-55 and 16mm pancake lense for the camera.... If i use this camera what would be a good set up ie lense ports etc to use with it was thinking the 18-55mm lesnse port as i like it better on land UW might be totally different though or if you could recommend another camera and set up i would be greatful but would have to be canon as im in bali and they seem to love canons here very hard to get anything else camera wise here...
budget would be about 2500 dollars top is 3000 dollars but in bali everything is a bit cheaper...

any help info or advice would be great thanks
gregor
gregor-uk

Postby Zig » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 pm

I would certainly recommend giving Scott Gietler at Bluewater Photo a call. Scott, who is also publisher of this site, owns Bluewater Photo (http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com), and will be able to get you into a housing and strobe package that fits your budget and shooting needs.

Cheers!
Michael
Zig

Return to Underwater Photography Questions