Hello all

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby Behold » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 am

Hi there

My names Antony and I have been diving for about 5 years on and off and have covered about 40 dives. I dive more only a few times a year at the moment but want to change that.

I use my G9 as a portable camera when I'm not wanting to lug my canon 50d around on land and after hearing good things about it underwater has become my weapon of choice up till now.
In the last 3 years I have started photography underwater with a G9 and canon case. I take photos on dives and snorkling and have had some good results recently now I have gotten to grips with lighting and composition underwater.

I have been looking into strobes for a few month now day for next year when I hope to do a holiday more focused on diving than sunning like the wife usually wants. I have read lots of good articles on this site and decided I should join to get some further advice and knowledge.

I have been toying with upgrading in a year or two for a better camera and a better case that allows direct cabling of the strobe for better control but that plan has now been moved forward after a quad bike accident damaged my G9. It is repairable but I'm using it as an excuse to just start over.

I will in another post put up what my thoughts and requirement are for some advice and keep this post more about me and a friendly hello.

Link to some of my most recent photos I took underwater can be found here. All with a G9 some diving some snorkelling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/behold81/s ... 300863638/

Comments and constructive critisim welcome. I'm here to learn.

Antony
Behold

Return to Introductions