Hello and question

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby mpd352 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:58 am

Hi from Northern California.

I've just returned to diving after a 40 year hiatus. My primary interest is going to be photography. I have an extensive collection of small compact cameras as well as a couple of older Canon SLR's and an original Canon Digital Rebel. Right now to deal with my need to document what I see I have a Seashell SS-1 housing for a Kodak M1033. If was a very low end way to use a camera I already had. It's doing an OK job for the time being, but is only a stop-gap until I develop a plan on where I'm going for a better set-up, meaning what camera as the main platform, then housing, strobes, etc.

I'm trying to decide if I should look for a housing for the Rebel or consider all new equipment. I'm intrigued by the Sealife DC1200, which seems to be a fairly complete starting set up. However, I can't find any mention of it on this forum, and that also intrigues me.

Any advice on where to start, whether to go for a housing for my existing camera, or start new, would be appreciated.

Kevin
mpd352

Postby KatheK » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:40 am

I have just bought the SeaLife DC1200 setup and have only done one dive with it so far...don't have much to report yet. Like you, I am intrigued by why there is so little mention of this camera as it seems to be a good entry level setup.

Since this is my first post I guess a bit more introduction might be in order. I have only recently, at the age of 62, become a certified PADI diver. I live in southern Quintana Roo, Mexico very near the Caribbean so have lots of easy access to warm water diving year round.
Kathe
KatheK

Postby Zig » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:22 am

SeaLife just announced their new DC1400 ---> http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/seali ... ces-dc1400

We plan on making a few dives with it in the near future, and will be posting our findings soon.
Zig

Return to Introductions