Underwater Photography Guide Forums
All Things Underwater Photography
I am looking at going with the Nauticam NA-D7 housing. They can fit an adaptor for the ikelite 161's strobe but I will lose the TTL function. arrrrrrrrgh!!
I kinda dont mind that but... I have 2 questions.
1. Do most serious underwater photographers shoot manual strobe all the time?
2. Is learning this new process of shooting manual strobes going to be a pain in the neck and make me wish I never purchased the nauticam housing?
3. If I go with nauticam+manual strobe were should i start e.g Articles ,links thanks.
I would really appreciate your feedback on this one to help me make an informed decision. Craig
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:44 am
I use TTL with my Ike strobes and Ike housing when I shoot macro, and from my experience, if a someone has this functionality available to them when shooting macro, they use it. I do, however, use my strobes on manual power when shooting wide-angle, as do most people I know.
Here's a great article by Todd Winner about wide-angle photography, and how he uses his strobes in manual mode ----> http://bit.ly/lBevUH
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 am
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Bill Van Antwerp Canon/Nauticam/Subal/Inon Lots of glass
Technical Advisor to Bluewater Photo
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 4:16 pm
- Location: Los Angeles (more or less)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest