Light for taking video clips with Canon S95

Post videos here, ask questions about underwater video or about hydrid dSLR/Video cams

Moderators: WalterM, alaity47

Postby Hintermann » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:09 am

I have a Canon S95 with housing which I primarily use for still underwater photography but would also like to use its HD video facility. The problem is the blue cast of the sea in video clips and my small Fantasea focus light is not much use to overcome this problem.

I have heard that Intova's Wide-angle torch, which has its own clip, is useful as a small video light while taking video clips with still cameras. I can easily mount it place of the focus light but want to know if it really can be used to improve natural colours for short, close video clips with my S95.
Hintermann

Postby bvanant » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 am

My strong recommendation is to use either the L&M Sola (you can get one from Scott at bluewater photo) or the I-torch video light. The Intova just won't cut it unless you are just shooting very close macro stuff. The L&M is about $600 or so but worth every penny. The i-torch is a bit cheaper but not as light and the light quality is not as nice either.
Bill

Bill Van Antwerp Canon/Nauticam/Subal/Inon Lots of glass

Technical Advisor to Bluewater Photo

http://www.blueviews.net

bvanant

Return to Underwater Video