Another Beginner's Pictures

Post your photos for critique or praise

Moderators: Critternut, Willie, smb2

Postby inele » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm fan of this internet side since I have found it a few months ago. So all I know is from this side and I want to thank Scott a lot for it. You're doing a great job! Your page inspired me to buy me a new camera (Canon G12) to start underwaterphotography a little bit more "serious".

Two weeks ago I returned from a wonderful trip to Mexico and Belize. In Mexico we went to the Cenotes arround Tulum. In Mexico we stayed on the beautiful Island Long Caye at Lighhouse Reef.

I know there are a lot of better picture then mine out there however I like some of my shots

I hope you have fun to watch my pictures and I'd be glad to know what you think about them. Konstruktiv criticism is very welcome.
Attachments
IMG_0931.jpg
3,2 1/125
Decorater_Crab_Signatur_640x480.jpg
8.0 1/500
Koralle_Signatur_640x480.jpg
8.0 1/500
(56.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Inele
Dive - Eat - Sleep - Repeat
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Canon G12 in WP-DC 34 Housing
only internal strobe :-(
inele

Postby smb2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Welcome. Looks like your hooked now. A great start.
It's not easy to get a Barracuda to sit still and look you in the face. They are one of the fish that seem to have a "working distance", so nice "stalking".
Brittle Stars make great macro subjects. Getting even closer might bring out the colors and isolate the texture of the Stars.
Nice close up of the Gorgonian.
At some point if you add an external flash the colors will pop.
Did you take any pictures in the Cenotes?
Great beginning, this site should serve as an excellent resource.
smb2

Postby inele » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi SMB,

thank you for your feedback. Yes, I think I'm hooked an I like it.

The baracuda was a underwater model. He stayed for 10 minutes and stalked at me I think ;-)
The following picture I took without any zoom.

On the second picture is a decorator crab in the middle. I think this confirms your advice. I'll try to get closer the next time.

Yes I took some pictures in the cenotes. My problem was it were my first dives with the new camera and I wasn't used to the underwaterhousing yet. I think I could do it better now.

An external strobe will be my next purchase. I'm thinking about Inon D-2000 oder Sea&Sea YS-02.
Attachments
IMG_0615.JPG
IMG_0613.JPG
Dos Ojos
IMG_0937.JPG
I hate backscatters :-(
Inele
Dive - Eat - Sleep - Repeat
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Canon G12 in WP-DC 34 Housing
only internal strobe :-(
inele

Postby smb2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Sorry, I should have looked closer, there is an Arrow Crab in the second shot. :oops:
The Cenote pictures have a lot of potential. The first one has great lighting. The second one needs more light; I think there is a diver in there. A little closer, more flash on the diver, the diver maybe holding a torch, makings of a great image.
Nice work.
smb2

Return to Underwater Photos