View topic - Tips how to transport UW Photo Equipment on Airplanes
Underwater Photography Guide Forums
All Things Underwater Photography
Never had any trouble travelling internally in Australia or overseas to Thailand carrying it that way.
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 am
- Location: Rockingham, Western Australia
till now i was able to sneak through with 1 back pack and 1 laptop case each weighing 12 to 15kg in the hand luggage.
If anyone has some good ideas on hoew to do it on a airplanr ?...
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 11:16 pm
- Location: Switzerland
http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/dive- ... ggage-fees
- Site Admin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 10:31 am
- Location: Marina del rey, CA
I much prefer to hand carry camera equipment which means it must be carry on legal.
Canon S90 with FIX90 housing, 2X Inon D2000 strobes, DIY tray, Inon UFL165AD, Inon UCL165AD, Inon UWL100-67 with dome kit, ordered Fisheye UWL-04
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 7:18 am
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 2:53 pm
This what I do I carry on with me all my photo gear. My Ikelite housing, ports (macro and wide) and the two strobes they go in a hard shell carry on suitcase padded with left over foam from a Pelican case. Everything fit well. Then camera, lenses and laptop as well as one of my prescription mask in a laptop Lowepro day backpack. So I will take any risk of loosing any thing due to theft. I Only take 3 lenses on Scuba trips! 10-20 and 85 VR II macro and 18-125 for surface shots!
If any one would like to see it just ask for the pics
Hey guys I am going to Anilao on May! Any one going?
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:19 am
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:26 pm
- Location: Wootton Bassett, UK
Bill Van Antwerp Canon/Nauticam/Subal/Inon Lots of glass
Technical Advisor to Bluewater Photo
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 4:16 pm
- Location: Los Angeles (more or less)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest