Hello from a new member

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby Hintermann » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi!

I am Arun from England and a scuba diving enthusiast among other things. I saw a Jacques Costeau documentary in 1967 as a 12-year old growing up in India and told myself that I would learn diving someday. It took me almost 40 years to get the chance - I got my PADI Open Water certification in July 2006 and AOW a few months later. To date I have done exactly 200 dives, mostly in the warm tropical waters of the Red Sea, Maldives, Thailand, Philippines and the Caribbean. I love underwater photography and until recently used the Canon A570iS with a Canon housing, Epoque strobe and Inon wide-angle lens. I recently upgraded to a Canon Powershot S95 with Canon housing, an Iklelite AF35 strobe and Inon UWL-H100 28LD wide angle lens. My next diving holiday is to Turks & Caicos in May-June when I'll be doing the Aggressor liveaboard cruise.
Hintermann

Postby vijayr » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Welcome Arun! Your story sounds very similar to mine. As a child I was fixated by The Undersea World of Jacques Costeau and sharks. It only took me 21 years though! :) Look forward to seeing your images here!

Vijay Raman My Website

vijayr

Postby Hintermann » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi Vijay. Your full name suggests that your origins are in southern India, which is where I am from. Small world.
Hintermann

Postby vijayr » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Yep, originally from Chennai, but that was a lifetime ago!

Vijay Raman My Website

vijayr

Return to Introductions