Too dark or not?

Post your photos for critique or praise

Moderators: Critternut, Willie, smb2

Postby Alcadhrim » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Those are three shoots and on my screen they lok nearly as I wanted. But When I print, they are too dark.
My lcd display is calibrated but I wonder if I've a printer problem or a^photoshop problem. :?

Every opinion welcome!
Human thinks they're the Earth's owners, it's wrong, we're the Earth property.

Sitting Bull
Alcadhrim

Postby Leendert Smit » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:57 am

I am not sure why you prints look darker. It could have something to do with printers working better with CMYK pictures instead of RGB ( all pictures taken with your camera are in RGB color scheme). In photoshop there must be a way to convert your picture to a different colorscheme that matches your printer better.

Leendert
Leendert Smit

Postby Alcadhrim » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:11 pm

That's possible indeed. I'm not (at all) a photoshop pro so I could have make some stupidities like that. Thanks for advice I will check.
Human thinks they're the Earth's owners, it's wrong, we're the Earth property.

Sitting Bull
Alcadhrim

Postby bvanant » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Getting correct prints from photoshop will take some work. Assuming that your monitor is really calibrated (Spyder or some other hardware), you will need to calibrate your printer/ink/paper combination and learn to use ICC profiles from Photoshop.

If you send a print to Costco or some other on-line printing company is it still dark? If so then maybe your printer is not the issue it might be the monitor.

Which printer/inkset/paper are you trying to print from? We can give you step by step guidance if you let us know
Bill

Bill Van Antwerp Canon/Nauticam/Subal/Inon Lots of glass

Technical Advisor to Bluewater Photo

http://www.blueviews.net

bvanant

Return to Underwater Photos