Hello from long island new york

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby Scubapeople59 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Greetings, I just joined the board and wanted to introduce myself. I have been diving now for about ten years and really enjoying the whole aspect of diving, from teaching to travel. I am very excited about just buying a new ( new for me) camera set up. It's aG10 with an Ikilite housing, wide angle lens, and a DS51 sub strobe.
I found this website and have been glued to it every chance I get.
I will be on the side lines for now, catching up and learning all I can. I am heading to Bonaire in December and can't wait to check out the "new" set up. Hopefully I will be able to post spoke half way decent pics when I get back.
Cheers for now.
Scubapeople59

Postby Jornari » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:48 am

Hi "Scubapeople59"
A warm welcome to UPG, and the photoworld beneath the surface.
I am very excited about just buying a new ( new for me) camera set up. It's aG10 with an Ikilite housing, wide angle lens, and a DS51 sub strobe.

If you have any queation regarding UW-photo or your new G10 setup, dont hesitate to ask.
Best regards
Jorn Ari
Jorn Ari
Underwater Photographer
www.jornari.com
Jornari

Postby Shutterup » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 pm

I had been to Bonaire in mid October, with mixed results and outcomes. Most of the errors were on my part. I was trying to shoot, in macro, but I really didn't have a clue as to the actual "depth" of macro there. To make matters worse, I was diving alone. Yes, I know, not a good idea at all. So, there was nobody to guide me on most accounts. I did eventually hire a dive/photo guide and things become much better.
I am planning on going on the Anilao trip, in late May 2011, so I hope that this macro trip will be far better. I will be travelling, shooting and staying with other u/w photographers.
For April 2011, I am headed for Cozumel for 10 days. I know Cozumel well with all of its' drift diving and wide angle photography.

Saying hello from Long Island too,
Eddie
Shutterup

Return to Introductions