James has a broken leg

Anything that doesn't fall into the other forums!

Moderator: douglasjhoffman

Postby scottg » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:16 pm

One of moderators James broke his femur, and will need surgery. Let's all wish him the best and a full recovery.

James - get well soon so you can go diving!

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby smb2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Speedy recovery James.
Look at it this way: when it comes time to start physical therapy you can ask that hydrotherapy be placed high on the list for rehab.
smb2

Postby seekncritters » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:42 am

Oh no!!! :-(

James - Hope your recovery is good and fast!

-Dana
seekncritters

Postby MOliveira » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Wish you best recovery, James.

M.Oliveira (Baruke)
Canon Powershot A590Is, Ikelite housing, ULCS Tray and handle, 10bar arms, Inon Z-240 Type4, Inon UWL-100, Land 10diop macro lens
MOliveira

Postby James » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks for the best wishes. I am much better now. They put a titanium rod into my femur to stabilize it, it will be with me forever now. It even has a serial number :ugeek: . The surgery team said it all went very well and I should make a full recovery with no restrictions. It will be a while though. The worst of this right now in a way is that I don't take pills or medicine and now I am taking pills and medicine :cry: , some kinda shot every day in my stomach for blood clotting, arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Funny, not bragging, but last Sunday I could have competed in a triathlon and at this moment, getting to the bathroom is a major effort that leaves me exhausted. So, I am sure I will be just fine and I do feel much, much better but I am about useless now :lol: .

My bosses stopped by the hospital after my surgery and all is well there as I expected, I can work from home if need be as it will be a while before I can drive a car again.

But, it could have been much worse, I could have had spinal injuries etc so the bright side is that I will fully recover. I think my wife might soon strangle me, :shock: .

The deputy that arrived on the scene early, he stopped by to say hello and make sure I had my bike, he brought it home for me. He held my hand while they were putting me up on the spinal board and he said I squeezed it so hard that some of the screaming was him, he said I nearly broke it, he was laughing. I am such a wuss.

Thanks,
James
Swim down, swim around, swim back up

Canon S90 with FIX90 housing, 2X Inon D2000 strobes, DIY tray, Inon UFL165AD, Inon UCL165AD, Inon UWL100-67 with dome kit, ordered Fisheye UWL-04
James

Postby seekncritters » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Oh my, sounds like that was one extremely painful accident. What happened? Bike accident? Thank goodness they expect you will make a full recovery! Take good care of yourself!

-Dana
seekncritters

Postby James » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi,

Thanks, it was a bicycle/dog accident, I am a cyclist or at least I was :| . Two dogs ambushed me, I did not see one of them and while maneuvering to miss the one I saw the other one was successful at downing me. I hit the ground, really, really, really hard is all I can say.

Dang dogs :lol: (that is a really, really, weak laugh - on- line) but I don't see that option--weak lol emoticon.

No worries, I will get well, don't want to bring everyone down :) , just be careful out there no matter what you are doing there is something that can ruin your day. I should have come to a full stop and just let them bite me, lick me or whatever rather than running into one of them and breaking my femur, the whole thing sort of stresses me out if you understand when I think about it. :roll:

The PT just stopped at my house to access me, she said I had an excellent prognosis, so all systems are go for a full recovery, just gotta get up and do it.

James

Canon S90 with FIX90 housing, 2X Inon D2000 strobes, DIY tray, Inon UFL165AD, Inon UCL165AD, Inon UWL100-67 with dome kit, ordered Fisheye UWL-04
James

Postby cyberon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:11 pm

It doesn't seems to be your fault so your wife shouldn't have any reason to strangle you. :) Get well soon!
Ronald
Canon G11, Canon OEM housing, Inon S2000 and D4 bracket
cyberon

Postby James » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:15 pm

She isn't going to strangle me, she is just upset, way more than me.

I am doing much, much better today. I am weening off the pain drugs really fast. Time to man up :mrgreen:, hmmm, maybe :lol: .

I would post a pic but first it would gross you all out, some might faint, I look like I am 70 and a dead man or something and maybe this is not the place for all that but I do appreciate the good thoughts from so many private and public, thank you all and please, lets hope bad things do not come in threes because if nearly killing myself is the first, I am sure two and three cannot be much fun, :shock: . Knock on wood, sprinkle salt etc.

James

James

Return to Chit-Chat