Hello from MarineBio in San Diego!

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby marinebio » Thu May 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Hello! I just joined this wonderful site and look forward to learning more about underwater photography and videography. I hope I can contribute with species IDs and the like and I run marinebio.org where we're all about marine life and its conservation. I look forward to meeting you all and kudos to Scott for such a great site!

I have a Canon Rebel XTi that seriously needs a housing, an Inon strobe, video lights, Powershot G5 in an Ikelite housing with an array of lenses, an LED focus light, etc. and about 700 logged dives since 1984. Places I've dived in chronological order: Sri Lanka, California, Florida, Hawaii, the Red Sea, Indonesia, Bonaire, Utila, and the Galapagos. It's much better down there.

If anyone in the San Diego area dives for critters and needs a buddy, let me know!
David Campbell
MarineBio Founder/Director
>-<ºº>-<

~~~ Join the MarineBio Conservation Society and help us continue to share the wonders of the ocean inspiring conservation, education, research, and a sea ethic. ~~~
marinebio

Postby scottg » Thu May 13, 2010 7:45 pm

hey David - really glad to see you on the board here, and thank you so much for creating a wonderful website.

Now the most important thing is to find you a housing! You should post a "want to buy" ad in the classifieds. And tell us about what Sri Lanka diving is like!

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby cuddlefish » Thu May 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi David, Welcome to the UWP forum! We look forward to you sharing your expert knowledge and photos from all over the world! :)
cuddlefish

Return to Introductions