Hello!

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby JakeB » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 am

Good morning: I'm an experienced diver that has taken up digital photography and find it absolutely addictive; Most of what I have learned has been from more experienced photographers on charters etc. so I'm hoping to broaden my knowledge base here

I have a question regarding my RDX450 housing. In general I'm quite happy with it; however, I'm having intermittent issues with the shutter lever. Occasionally, it simply won't engage the camera. This requires taking the camera out of the housing playing around with it and after several attempts it will eventually fire. This is happening more and more frequently. To the naked eye, I'm not correcting any obvious positioning/placement issue - I was thinking that the problem might be with the small pin that contacts the shutter button but I'm not sure- has anyone experienced or heard of this issue?

Many thanks,

Jake
JakeB

Postby ClausC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 am

Hi' Jake,
Occationally I experience the same problem with my RDX 550 housing, but it has never been a serious problem.
I usually have to adjust the baseplate very precisely to get it to work - again it is no big problem, as I fire of a couple of test shoots before I close the housing.
I have thought about raising the baseplate a fraction on the right side with a small piece of paper.
Rgds,
Claus
Denmark
ClausC

Return to Introductions