First time with G11,OEM housing and Inon Z240

A place just for compact camera users. Ask questions or show off your wet lens setup.

Moderators: bvanant, CompuDude, James

Postby ghn » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:54 pm

This is my first time with a UW camera with full manual controls and a external flash. My last rig was a Fuji F30.

I only had 3 dives with the new rig. I was a little bit lost with so many functions to try.

I used in the camera: AV mode and Manual mode. With the external flash I tried sTTl and Manual.

I am just beggining in the learnig curve of this set up, but a like the first photos.

I will try to upload the best ones here. (direct from the camera without edit or crop).
ghn

Postby ghn » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Some pictures without edit here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50783234@N02/

GHN
ghn

Postby scottg » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:33 pm

congrats on your new rig!

this one looks great, well done

G11, 1/30th, F6.3, ISO 100

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby Bart » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:31 am

I've got exactly the same equipment.
what are your findings with the sTTL ? I've only used manual and auto so far ...

Bart
Bart

Postby ghn » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi Bart, I really think is to soon to answer correctly your question about sTTL.

I need more time UW to try more.

But in these initial dives I prefered Manual Mode than sTTL.

Nice to find someone with the same setup.

Beautiful pictures in your gallery!!

How do you like the inon macro lense you have? Are you using one or to strobes?

GHN
ghn

Postby Bart » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:40 am

GHN,

I'm really pleased with my macro lense, although I did not post many pictures taken with it on my flickr page yet. I still need to improve my skills with it. I'm using one strobe at the moment.

Bart
Bart

Postby vortexted » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:31 am

Bart wrote:I've got exactly the same equipment.
what are your findings with the sTTL ? I've only used manual and auto so far ...

Bart

Hello Bart,
I was checking out your photos on your flicker page, very nice. I am really impressed with the Bali photos and the beautiful sea life there. I thought the Red Sea Egypt photos would be the best but it appears from your photos Bali is better diving.

I have a question for you. The Bali photos are of much better quality and lighting then all your other photos. Was this the first trip you used your Canon G11 and Z240 strobe on?

I just bought the G11, but now Ryan at Reef Photo is trying to talk me into buying the Canon S90 UW set up rather then G11 UW setup. I'm having a really tough time deciding. I like the idea of being able to swap lenses underwater. I can see from your pics the G11 and Z240 are indeed a nice combination.
vortexted

Return to Compact Camera Corner