Please give me some useful ctitique

Post your photos for critique or praise

Moderators: Critternut, Willie, smb2

Postby Lacycroft » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:41 am

This is the first time I've ever posted photo's for any reason beyond showing family. Let me know what you think and what I can do to improve. I'm still very much in the learning stage.

Thanks in advance!
ANY diving is better than the best day at work!
Lacycroft

Postby Lacycroft » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:45 am

Lacycroft

Postby Leendert Smit » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:17 am

All pictures have a lot of atmosphere but I would crop the images a little to reduce the total area of not so interesting dark parts ( this is all a matter of taste however). I am also missing a sense of depth and perspective sometimes but that might also be due to the fact that the pictures seemed to have been taken from a considerable distance from your main subject ( the diver).

Leendert
Leendert Smit

Postby Zig » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 am

Beautiful blue color in your photos. I agree with Leendert in that filling the frame more with your subject would be more appealing. I usually tell myself to get close...then get closer.

I think the first image would have worked if the diver would have been higher in the frame, and would have been completely surrounded by the bright blue color. Much like the image on this page (6th photo down). http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/bali-diving-report

Also, here's a helpful article on shooting silhouettes. Notice how the subjects are dominant in the frame. http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/underwater-photography-silhouettes

Keep up the good work, and have fun out there!
Zig

Postby Lacycroft » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:16 pm

All, thanks for the feeback. Always, looking for more. My camera isn't has high tech as some out there, but it seems to take good picks...as long as I know what I'm doing.
Lacycroft

Return to Underwater Photos