Nimar housing and ports for Nikon D5000 - NEW

Buy and Sell Gear

Moderator: scottg

Postby jeffnorman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:36 am

I have the following Nimar items I would like to sell. Prices are what I paid **not what I am asking**. This is a new system, taken on only 1 checkout dive. If you are not familiar with Nimar, please google them! I can provide some info but my familiarity is limited as I barely used the system except on a single checkout dive. Everything here is new and unused except the checkout dive.

ANY REASONABLE OFFER CONSIDERED FOR SOME OR ALL PARTS!! If you only need one part, I am looking to get 90% of what I paid back since these are essentially new parts, and the price I paid was already a pretty good deal (best available prices I could find anywhere). If you are buying the whole system (not including the older style ports), I would consider a greater discount. I would also consider taking a greater discount on the "older" style Nimar ports.

NIMAR NI303D UNDERWATER HOUSING NIKON D5000 ($1,190)(this is the "new" NI303D that is NOT compatible with ports from the "old" NI303D manufactured prior to March of 2011 - Don't ask my why Nimar changed the port size and kept the same model #'s its insanely stupid and they lost me as a customer forever over this issue, hence why I am selling).

FLASH
Nimar NIS3DNA
Primo TTL Underwater Flash F/ Nikon Cameras in Nimar Housings ($899)

PORTS: IMPORTANT NOTE. NIMAR recently (March 2011 I think) CHANGED the mounting system on their housings so that you need to buy NEW PORTS if you have a NEW HOUSING. My housing above is of the NEW type so older ports (before approximately March 2011) WILL NOT WORK IN MY HOUSING. Also, the ports below should for for any Nimar/Nikon housing (subject to the caveat that you must buy new style ports for newer housings, and old style ports for older housings).

PORTS for the NEW Nimar housing NI303D ONLY (lens not included, but I would consider selling the lens or lenses if you are buying my whole setup):
1 x Nikkor AF-S DX 18-55 mm f 3.5-5.6G ED VR (part NI38-N1) ($179)
1 x Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX HSM (Nimar part NI46S-S1) ($364)

PORTS for the OLD Nimar housing NI303D (will NOT work with above housing, only if you already have the older Nimar housing will this work):
NI46N Crystal Dome Port f/ Nimar Housings f/ Nikon Cameras ($379)
NI32N Flat Macro Port f/ All Nimar NI303D Housings f/ Nikon SLR Cameras ($284)
jeffnorman

Postby VickyL » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Interested in purchasing your housing if still available.
VickyL

Postby camille » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Hello,

I'm using a D50 with Nimar case for the last year or so and want to upgrade to the D5000 (which I already have). I'm not sure if you still have the housing (its probably sold by now) but I'm quite interested by what you had t say abut ports.
Are the ports from my d50 housing not fitting the new housing of d5000? is that what you are saying? is there a way to check this somewhere?
NI314601 is the dome port I have (which is now discountinued) does this fit your housing?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... 966&is=REG
The whole point for me to buy nimar was to keep all my ports... :(
I understand your disappointement if you were in my position....

cheers,
Camille
camille

Return to Classifieds