Micro four thirds galleries?

Ask about gear, cameras, lenses, technique or lighting

Moderators: tswinner, bvanant

Postby rgugler » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 am

Hey everybody!

I'm hoping to get more into photography now that I'm out of school and doing a lot of traveling for work. I love my (really really) old, original cannon dslr, but it is large and bulky, and I have to bring so much data collection gear with me already for work, a bulky camera setup is out of the question. I'm drawn to the micro four thirds cameras as a replacement for both the old dslr and the Fuji e900 + ikelite housing that I have right now. I'd love to see some galleries of photos from the different cameras, both on land and in the water!

I've read the reviews, but I'd love some insight on from somebody who uses them fulltime!

Thanks,

Rachel
rgugler

Postby mbattspot » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:34 pm

I have been waiting to go digital for about 10 extra years til something got small enough and light enough and good enough to replace my Nikonos. I purchased an Olympus Pen -1 and housing, with the 14-42 lense and a wet macro lense and holder. It was wonderful. I have never been so pleased. I'm used to film, 36 pictures a dive, and I came home after two weeks in the Philippines with over 700 pictures, and 90% were keepers. (I do not carry a computer and try to edit anything while on a trip, my second goal after diving is to read 2 to 3 new novels.) The color and clarity with this camera is amazing. It is light weight, and relatively compact. It cut my camera weight down by 55%. I chose an Inon strobe and a Lights and Motion new Sola light as an aiming light or on high power as a second light for macro.
I do not own photoshop and I shoot in high J-peg, and edit with Picasa which is free.
I am considering getting a panasonic 45mm full time macro lens as well as a wide angle, but I may not bother, as long as it's bigger than a pigmy seahorse, which I can't see anyway it came out well. I highly recommend the Olympus four thirds camera. See recent photos on underwaterphotography.com photo contest entry's.
Good Luck, Marylin B
Marylin B
Marylin B
mbattspot

Postby sail rock diver » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 am

here some sample photos of a epl1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sailrockdiver/
sail rock diver

Return to Underwater Photography Questions