housing for nikon D700

Ask about gear, cameras, lenses, technique or lighting

Moderators: tswinner, bvanant

Postby chokdeekap » Wed May 26, 2010 9:06 am

Hi guys I am finally taking the plunge and purchasing the Nikon D 700 so I will be looking for a new housing i have been using ikelite for years but I have some surplus cash at the moment ( nice position to be in for a change ) so am going for a upgrade I have been looking at the Aquatica AD700 housing and the Nauticam D700 has anyone got any experience with either of these units one other thing I want to keep my ikelite D160 strobes will these work ok with these housings
Just living my life in the eternal summer
chokdeekap

Postby bvanant » Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 am

chokdeekap wrote:Hi guys I am finally taking the plunge and purchasing the Nikon D 700 so I will be looking for a new housing i have been using ikelite for years but I have some surplus cash at the moment ( nice position to be in for a change ) so am going for a upgrade I have been looking at the Aquatica AD700 housing and the Nauticam D700 has anyone got any experience with either of these units one other thing I want to keep my ikelite D160 strobes will these work ok with these housings

Both housings will be a great step up from the Ikelite. I have shot aquatica and currently have the Nauticam for the Canon 7d. The housing is great, very ergonomic. Your strobes will work with either housing. The Nauticam will let you run optical strobes but I am not sure that the IKE strobes can be run that way so the point is moot.

I would suggest that either housing will be great
Bill

Bill Van Antwerp Canon/Nauticam/Subal/Inon Lots of glass

Technical Advisor to Bluewater Photo

http://www.blueviews.net

bvanant

Return to Underwater Photography Questions