Canon PowerShot 100 HS / WP-DC39 hack?

A place just for compact camera users. Ask questions or show off your wet lens setup.

Moderators: bvanant, CompuDude, James

Postby cslater » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 am

I have a Canon PowerShot 100 HS in a Canon WP-DC39 housing with a Sea & Sea Strobe.
I used it for the first time snorkeling and diving in Cozumel last week and got some great shots, but I found that when you put the camera in the housing it FORCES the camera in to the pre-programmed "Underwater" mode. I'm sure there is a way to "hack" the housing to disable this function. There must be a pin or magnet or something in the housing that interacts with the camera to set this annoying feature. Has anyone out there found a way to fix this?

Thanks.
cslater

Postby tswinner » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Sorry, I just dont know enough about your housing or camera to answer this properly. If something is forcing the camera into uw mode, I would suspect the housing. Have you checked the canon site for a manual to download?
Todd Winner

Techniques Editor
Underwater Photography Guide
winnerphotography@me.com
http://www.toddwinner.com
tswinner

Postby bvanant » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 pm

My probably wrong understanding is that you can also use Auto mode as well as perhaps beach/sand so you get a bit of adjustment but not much. I think that the way the camera fits in the housing will not let you get to many of the buttons.
Bill

Bill Van Antwerp Canon/Nauticam/Subal/Inon Lots of glass

Technical Advisor to Bluewater Photo

http://www.blueviews.net

bvanant

Postby ToniSeve21 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 am

How much price Canon Power Shot A4000?
ToniSeve21

Return to Compact Camera Corner