Arms for Canon PowerShot A570IS

A place just for compact camera users. Ask questions or show off your wet lens setup.

Moderators: bvanant, CompuDude, James

Postby interceptor121 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:27 am

I have an old Canon Powershot A570IS with an Inon Mount and Close up UCL165 and Wide angle lens UWL105. I also have an old Sea and Sea YS27. I am happy with my set up
I have so far used a cheap flex arm from 10 bar which proves fairly rigid to move around and frequently gets in the way
I have eyed an ultralight set up that will cost short of $300 with a 5" and 8" segments and will fit perfectly with my set up

I wonder though is this the right thing to do with this set up or should I save pennies and invest in a completely new camera?

I am also thinking of getting ULCS components on ebay maybe to get more value?

Any advice welcome
interceptor121

Postby Zig » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:08 am

After switching to UCLS arms, I'm kicking myself from not going to them sooner. I helped off-set the cost by selling the arms that came with my housing. Not only are they great to work with underwater, UCLS components are something that you can use with any system you move to in the future, and you'll have them forever. I think they're a great investment.

Personally, I would be wary of purchasing them via eBay since I've heard that there are many knock-off brands out there.
Zig

Return to Compact Camera Corner