View topic - New Fantasea Big Eye Lens M67
Underwater Photography Guide Forums
All Things Underwater Photography
i still got off a couple shots, and am very excited about it.
you need to shoot in Macro setting for the focus to work (according to the manual)
now i have the inon macro lens's and the Fantasea Big Eye Lens M67 for my canon G-9 in an Ike housing and ds 125 strobes.
I noticed that the pic,s that i got had a light spot from the strobes , so i am going to have to work on that , maybe by moving the cap as well as the strobes.
i had hoped to have more time to get used to it before my trip out to Cortez and Tanner banks this weekend, but no such luck.
anybody out there have experience with this lens, and any pointers to share ?
can i take wide angle macro shots ? like if there are two or three nudi's close ?
the first 7 pic's were taken with the lens .
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b288/ ... 011%20may/
' WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!'
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:57 am
I have spend 10 days of diving in bonaire with the fantasea Bigeye lens on my nikon P7000 in the fantasea FP7000 housing. I am also used to work with a nikon d80 in a subal housing with the FE2 dome port with a number of lenses (10,5 and 12-24mm nikons).
Now some feed back on the Fantasea Bigeye.
This is what i like about it:
* compact and very easy to handle
* price level
This is what i don't like or am disappointed about:
* the lens flares very easely even with different strope positions and or position of lens
* its hardly possible to take daylight pictures with strobe support (mixed ambient and flash light) without getting the flares on the pics. I have tried all different ways with regards to angle of the pics, position of strobes and positioning the outer ring (you can turn the wings of the lens to protect from flares as good as possible) to protect the lens from flars butwithout any success so far. I had to rework on almost all pics taken in PS to smoothen the pics.
If there are any other users out there with more/other experiences please share them
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:18 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests