Tell us what setup you have!

A place just for compact camera users. Ask questions or show off your wet lens setup.

Moderators: bvanant, CompuDude, James

Postby jhayes75 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:22 am

I use an Intova IC600 with the ISS 2000 strobe and Macro lens. ISO 64; EV -1.0 Strobe on power 1 is what I use most of the time. I leave the white balance on auto I don't know if this is the right setting. I read in some post that I should try flourescent. My macro shots seem to be ok its the distance shots with of wrecks that get a little grainy. In clear water I have little or no issues. I know this camera is limited with its settings but it takes great photos for the price.

Macro Mode with above setting

This is not a macro shot with the same settings. I need some advice on these kind of shots.

This one is in the Clear waters of Cozumel with no strobe.

This one I need help on.

Same conditions on above photo but in macro mode.
jhayes75

Postby scottg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:27 pm

hey Jason, for an inexpensive Intova you are doing pretty good!

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby jhayes75 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:41 pm

scottg wrote:hey Jason, for an inexpensive Intova you are doing pretty good!

Thanks, but I still think I can squeez some more out of this camera.
jhayes75

Postby ghn » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:31 pm

ghn

Postby Vladimir_VRO » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 am

OLY SP-560 with OLY PT-037. And Also 1 S&S YS-110a.
Havn't tryed it with strobe yet.
Such kind of arm (no name China) as for me not very comfrotable but maybe I need time to get used to it. It's hard to change position quikly.
Vladimir_VRO

Postby Aussie_dave » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:00 am

Well, I finally have enough gear to assemble and take a pic. Canon S90/FIX housing as you can see, ULCS and "Sea Gadgets" tray, arm, and clamps, trusty old S&S YS-110 (not alpha) strobe, Fisheye focusing light on flex arm I had sitting around, and the lovely new Inon UFL-165AD. Not mounted yet - I am waiting for my last piece of kit - Dyron 67mm adaptor to mount the 10 Bar 67-AD adaptor and the lens.

I love the compactness of this rig! I am worried, however, about excessive negative buoyancy. So I am taking some DIY flotation on my upcoming trip. Hopefully will have some decent photos to post.

I'll post photos and measurements for the Dyron adaptor when it arrives - $100 cheaper than the FIX.

WL_S90 rig.jpg
WL_S90 rig.jpg (113.85 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Last edited by Aussie_dave on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canon S90, FIX S90 housing, Inon UFL-165AD, Inon UCL-165AD, S&S YS-01
Aussie_dave

Postby James » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:36 am

Nice rig Aussie. Yes, it will be negative, the price to be paid for small size is no added buoyancy. But I have not found mine to be especially heavy, not anymore so than my old Nikonos III rigs.

Because you will be shooting with the UFL165AD lens it will not cause the camera rig to be nose heavy like the WAL100 plus dome kit would (does). It should balance nicely.

My rig actually is very balanced with the two D2000 strobes. With a single strobe I would be prone to go with an S2000 or the new little YS unit for balance. But with normally using two I prefer the larger units.

I can quickly remove my FIX from my tray for hand held shooting on the surface or below just using the flat port and onboard flash. Or attach the UFL165AD for ambient light photos.

I think you will like your rig, post some shots, especially with the UFL165D and please some shots of the Dryon adapter etc.

James
Swim down, swim around, swim back up

Canon S90 with FIX90 housing, 2X Inon D2000 strobes, DIY tray, Inon UFL165AD, Inon UCL165AD, Inon UWL100-67 with dome kit, ordered Fisheye UWL-04
James

Postby Karl » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:10 am

Hi all, just introduced myself in the Intro section but thought I tell you a bit about my setup. I have a Sea & Sea DX-1G with twin YS27 strobes on loc-line arms, a focus light and the Sea & Sea 125mm closeup lens.

I really like this camera and it does everything I want; however, I can't use it in full manual mode due to the issues with the LCD screen so I will probably upgrade to the 2G within a year or so.

Due to the poor vis conditions in most of my shore dive sites I take mostly macro shoots and have started to use the 125mm closeup lens. This is a good lens but it takes a bit of getting use to so it is a whole new learning curve - but I am getting there.

Anyyway here is a photo of my setup.

Karl
Attachments
Version 3 - 002.jpg
(61.9 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Karl

Postby CompuDude » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Aussie_dave wrote:Well, I finally have enough gear to assemble and take a pic. Canon S90/FIX housing as you can see, ULCS and "Sea Gadgets" tray, arm, and clamps, trusty old S&S YS-110 (not alpha) strobe, Fisheye focusing light on flex arm I had sitting around, and the lovely new Inon UFL-165AD. Not mounted yet - I am waiting for my last piece of kit - Dyron 67mm adaptor to mount the 10 Bar 67-AD adaptor and the lens.

I love the compactness of this rig! I am worried, however, about excessive negative buoyancy. So I am taking some DIY flotation on my upcoming trip. Hopefully will have some decent photos to post.

I'll post photos and measurements for the Dyron adaptor when it arrives - $100 cheaper than the FIX.

Nice looking rig! Yes, it does get quite negative. It's not that it's intolerable, but it's definitely just heavy enough that I'm noticing it for the first time. I'll be picking up some Stix floats as soon as I swap in a longer ULCS arm that has room for a couple. I think a float or two will help quite a bit. And it's only going to get worse with my new focus light, and worse still once I finally add another strobe! At that point I'll definitely need floatation. So much for any semblance of "compact", too. LOL
-CompuDude
Photographer
Canon S90, Fisheye FIX housing, Inon D2000 strobe, Fisheye FIX Mini LED Focus Light, Inon UCL-165AD Macro Lenses x2, ULCS arms, Ikelite Handle/Tray with custom adapter plate
CompuDude

Postby James » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:19 pm

I guess I got used to my old Nikonos rigs with dial strobes and such as I find the FIX90 even with my two D2000 quite nice. Yes, it is negative but with the exception of the UWL100 and dome, the rig balances nicely and is delightful to shoot. I think anyways.

James
Swim down, swim around, swim back up

Canon S90 with FIX90 housing, 2X Inon D2000 strobes, DIY tray, Inon UFL165AD, Inon UCL165AD, Inon UWL100-67 with dome kit, ordered Fisheye UWL-04
James

PreviousNext

Return to Compact Camera Corner