Stacked macro lenses

A place just for compact camera users. Ask questions or show off your wet lens setup.

Moderators: bvanant, CompuDude, James

Postby Aussie_dave » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi all -

I know a couple of you have shot with stacked Inon macro lenses on a S90/FIX rig, and was wondering if it's worth it in your opinions? Would reduce zooming (that's good), but does it increase vignetting or adversely affect anything else? Considering a second UCL-165AD.

Cheers, Dave
Canon S90, FIX S90 housing, Inon UFL-165AD, Inon UCL-165AD, S&S YS-01
Aussie_dave

Postby CompuDude » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Aussie_dave wrote:Hi all -

I know a couple of you have shot with stacked Inon macro lenses on a S90/FIX rig, and was wondering if it's worth it in your opinions? Would reduce zooming (that's good), but does it increase vignetting or adversely affect anything else? Considering a second UCL-165AD.

Cheers, Dave

Highly recommended. Go big or go home! ;) (go small, in this case)

The difference between one and two lenses is huge. I rare use just one... I almost always use both lenses when I'm shooting.

(And, of course, the resale value of these lenses is pretty good, too, should you decide you just don't like it)
-CompuDude
Photographer
Canon S90, Fisheye FIX housing, Inon D2000 strobe, Fisheye FIX Mini LED Focus Light, Inon UCL-165AD Macro Lenses x2, ULCS arms, Ikelite Handle/Tray with custom adapter plate
CompuDude

Return to Compact Camera Corner