G10 + WP-DC28 with wideangle Dome

A place just for compact camera users. Ask questions or show off your wet lens setup.

Moderators: bvanant, CompuDude, James

Postby orifec_a31 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am

this's my first time here. i stay in thailand and english language is to bad..... so I have some doubt with Wide Angle for G10+WP-DC28 (i use that) Normaly G10 are 28mm at their widest on land but in water their decrease to 35 mm (i'm not sure in this) and i try to find out with wide angle len for it. Fantasy is the first manufacture i found that made Fish Eye Dome wide angle for G10/G11+OEM housing but i thing it's not work because censor get image from wet dome (use with marco mode+tele zoom + water Intermediary) that make image quality to bad on the edge of image. After that i found Ikelite housing they have dome port it is optimized to work with cameras that are 28mm original wide but i don't wana change housing any more....and point of issue i have 10bar adapter M67 for G10/11 OEM housing use with close up len (INON UCL-165M67) i want to know if i get inon UWL-100 + dome .can it use with 10bar adapter and how can i get widest of this scheme while i must halfway zoom to avoid overlay of 10bar adapter M67. Thank you so much for try to read my question
orifec_a31

Postby orifec_a31 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:09 am

sample ... this pic' i need to take all of seafan but if i get it all i must fall back and storbe light can't reach on seafan
orifec_a31

Postby scottg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:40 am

which strobe are you using, and what is your F-stop and shutter speed you used in the sea fan photo?

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby orifec_a31 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:20 pm

I use G10 + INON D2000 + INON S2000 with fiber optic
My Camera setting for wide angle (sam the seafan pic.)
- C1 (M) F5.6 + speed 1/100 + iso 100 + avereg metering + AWB + flash min / D2000_S-TTL mode on F8 / S2000_S-TTL mode on Full

thank you.

my point is angle of view i get when i use wide angle len with dome from INON UWL-100+dome.
orifec_a31

Postby James » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:55 am

orifec_a31 wrote:this's my first time here. i stay in thailand and english language is to bad..... so I have some doubt with Wide Angle for G10+WP-DC28 (i use that) Normaly G10 are 28mm at their widest on land but in water their decrease to 35 mm (i'm not sure in this) and i try to find out with wide angle len for it. Fantasy is the first manufacture i found that made Fish Eye Dome wide angle for G10/G11+OEM housing but i thing it's not work because censor get image from wet dome (use with marco mode+tele zoom + water Intermediary) that make image quality to bad on the edge of image. After that i found Ikelite housing they have dome port it is optimized to work with cameras that are 28mm original wide but i don't wana change housing any more....and point of issue i have 10bar adapter M67 for G10/11 OEM housing use with close up len (INON UCL-165M67) i want to know if i get inon UWL-100 + dome .can it use with 10bar adapter and how can i get widest of this scheme while i must halfway zoom to avoid overlay of 10bar adapter M67. Thank you so much for try to read my question

IMO, the answer to your question is no, you cannot use the Inon UWL100-67mm with the 10Bar adapter and OEM housing and a further, no, Inon does not supply a mount kit for that housing either, because it and the camera are not compatible with Inon lenses.

In order to eliminate vignetting you would have to zoom into about 50mm range on the camera at which point most of the increased FOV potential would be lost and distortion would be increased. That is why Inon does not support the camera or housing.

Sorry, only bad news for you there.

James
Swim down, swim around, swim back up

Canon S90 with FIX90 housing, 2X Inon D2000 strobes, DIY tray, Inon UFL165AD, Inon UCL165AD, Inon UWL100-67 with dome kit, ordered Fisheye UWL-04
James

Return to Compact Camera Corner