Olympus E-PL3 in the Olympus PT-EP05L PEN Underwater Housing

A place just for compact camera users. Ask questions or show off your wet lens setup.

Moderators: bvanant, CompuDude, James

Postby benbill » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi...I am new to the forum, and I aspire to become a better underwater photographer. I only have 80 dives under my belt, but most of them have been in paradise...Bonaire. I am a newbie, having only used a Sealife DC 1200 Elite on about 20 dives, but I am looking for a camera set up that will allow me to take better and brighter images. Is anyone shooting the Olympus E-PL3 in the Olympus PT-EP05L PEN Underwater Housing with strobe(s)? I would really appreciate reading your opinions on that set-up. Thank you.

Ben
Fort Wayne, IN
benbill

Postby bvanant » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Ben:
Please do not cross post, one or the other of the forums will work. I know a few folks shooting this setup, what are your specific questions?
Bill

Bill Van Antwerp Canon/Nauticam/Subal/Inon Lots of glass

Technical Advisor to Bluewater Photo

http://www.blueviews.net

bvanant

Postby benbill » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi Bill,

Sorry about the cross posts, but not being familiar with the forum I didn't know where to classify this set-up, as it is kind of a hybrid to reach the right group of participants. Some of my questions include:

- how is the image and video quality?
- Are the housing buttons easy to push at depth?
- Is the AF as good as the reviews claim?
- Results using the Inon UWL- H100 28M67 Wide Conversion Lens Type 2 vs. Olympus 9-18mm Lens and Zen 100mm Dome? Is the dome worth the extra $$$?
- Would anyone share a few sample images they are proud of?
- Would you purchase that system again?

As a beginning underwater photographer, with a limited budget, I am just trying to avoid being disappointed with my selection. Sorry for seeming so needy, but thank you for linking me up with someone who can help me out.

Ben
benbill

Return to Compact Camera Corner