Hello from Scotland

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby markcra » Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 am

Hi there folks, Mark from Scotland here. I've been diving for about 5 years now and still getting to grips with underwater photography. Usually out diving in the sea lochs of West Scotland (Loch Long and Loch Fyne being the handiest for a dip).
My current set-up is a Fuji F31fd compact digital with Fuji housing and an Epoque ES150alpha strobe (with fibre-optic) but I've only been using the strobe since March and previously I was using torches to light my subjects (too much scatter with internal flash and too gloomy for naturally lit).
I'm diving twin 10L cylinders, Scuba-Pro regs, Custom Divers TDB wing, neoprene drysuit and primary torch is a DarkBuster.

Quick selection of favourite shots:
Recent photo taken with a borrowed INON Fisheye. Mabul, Malaysia.

Nudibranch and diver. Also from Mabul, Malaysia.

Conger Eel, taken back home in Scotland. Lighting: Darkbuster.

ok, just one more:
Cuttlefish. Loch Long, Scotland. Lighting: Darkbuster.
markcra

Postby scottg » Wed May 19, 2010 11:58 am

hey Mark
a big warm welcome to you. thanks for joining the board. The last time I was in Scotland I ate something called Haggis, they told me it was an elusive ground bird?

so how often do you get to dive in Scotland?

you're doing great with the Fuji and single strobe, we're looking forward to seeing some photos from you in the photo show-off and critique section.

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby markcra » Wed May 19, 2010 2:36 pm

scottg wrote:The last time I was in Scotland I ate something called Haggis, they told me it was an elusive ground bird?

Especially good with "a wee dram" of whisky.
so how often do you get to dive in Scotland?

Once a week these days, a night dive either Wednesday or Thursday after work.
you're doing great with the Fuji and single strobe, we're looking forward to seeing some photos from you in the photo show-off and critique section.

Cheers, looking forward to some constructive critique.
markcra

Return to Introductions