Canon T4i vs Sony NEX6

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby cjbikes » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:59 am

Greetings one and all, from down under SE Florida ways and warm waters.

After going through the years from Nikonos III, to my first point and shoot digital, to an Olympus mirrorless 4/3 system in the form of a EPL-2, and now wanting to upgrade.

My dilemma is the following, and hoping that someone, or as many of you, can put your two cents worth in helping me make a decision on a new system.

I am being torn between the new Canon T4i or the new Sony NEX-6.

The pros that I see with the Canon, for me at least, is the varied lens selection, however at the end, I am going to be dealing with a max of 2-3 lenses. Also, the autofocus as I understand, is much much faster, which is one of the main reasons I want to upgrade.

As far as the Sony NEX-6 is concerned, what draws me to it, besides the APS-C sensor, is the compact size of the package, although in the long run, much more expensise than the Canon, and at present, it has a limited, expensive lens selection.

So good people out in the u/w cycber world...what say you all????

Bidding you all, a hearty fare thee well down under, while you're blowing some bubbles.

Carlos
cjbikes

Postby bvanant » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:10 pm

With the Canon you have the two lenses that you will use the most, Tokina 10-17 and either the 60 or 100 macro. With the NEX you have pretty good wide angle but the macro selection really sucks. With the Canon you have a bigger rig (more to carry and pay excess luggage for) while the Nex is smaller. Strobes and focus lights are a wash. Until there is a good macro lens I would go with the Canon.
Bill (I shoot Canon and Sony and Olympus).

Bill Van Antwerp Canon/Nauticam/Subal/Inon Lots of glass

Technical Advisor to Bluewater Photo

http://www.blueviews.net

bvanant

Postby cjbikes » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 am

Bill...

First and foremost, thank you for your insight into both cameras, and yes, you've helped me make my decision, comfirming what I had seen with both systems, and indeed I am going with the Canon.

Thanks again and all the best down under,

Carlos
cjbikes

Return to Introductions