Got inverts?

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby Leslie Harris » Fri May 14, 2010 8:30 am

Hi everyone --

As usual, I'm the black sheep here since I don't dive or do underwater photography. All of my underwater subjects are get tranquilized, cleaned, posed, and shot on black backgrounds with a macro set-up or through a microscope. I do love marine inverts however, which is how Scott lured me over here, by promising there would be lots & lots of great invert photos to drool over! As a museum taxonomist my passion is identification and my idea of the best way to unwind after work is to put names on critters in other people's photos. So along with Janna I'll be hanging out as moderator in the ID forum. She's fabulous with NEP fish & macro-inverts while I'm best with tropical faunas, spineless wonders, creepy-crawlies, and odd balls. I'm really looking forward to seeing your posts here in Scotty's wonderful UPG!
Cheers, Leslie
So many worms, so little time
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
Leslie Harris

Postby cuddlefish » Fri May 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Leslie! Welcome to the UPG forum!! Have you seen all the inverts on Scott's recent blue-water dives?

Penny
cuddlefish

Postby Leslie Harris » Sat May 15, 2010 11:20 am

Probably not all but a lot. He's an amazing photographer, isn't he?
Cheers, Leslie
Leslie Harris

Postby scottg » Sat May 15, 2010 7:40 pm

I can't wait to show some of my unknown pelagics - I'll get them up this week. Leslie - thanks alot! but there's lots of great photographers here - and hopefully they will show some inverts too

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby Leslie Harris » Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 am

scottg wrote:I can't wait to show some of my unknown pelagics - I'll get them up this week. Leslie - thanks alot! but there's lots of great photographers here - and hopefully they will show some inverts too

I sure hope so! Some fish are nice but let's face it, you've seen one shark you've seen them all! :lol:
Cheers, Leslie
Leslie Harris

Return to Introductions