Hello Shark lovers :-) and all...

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby Scubysnaps » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 am

Hi, I'm new round here, only found this site from news about the up and coming competition!
I live in South England, in my early 40s and shoot with a D90 in an Aquatica housing and 2 z240s, only for one year now, done over 100 dives with it up to now, but started on UW compacts 9 years ago.
Loving my set up, got a trip to Tiger Beach in 2 weeks!!!!...any tips!? :D

Cheers
Paul
Scubysnaps

Postby Jornari » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Paul
Welcome to this site.
Looking forward to see some of your UW-photos

Jorn Ari
Jorn Ari
Underwater Photographer
www.jornari.com
Jornari

Postby Scubysnaps » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:07 am

Thanks Jorn Ari,
Here are some of my UW-photos on my very recently updated website
www.scubysnaps.com
Scubysnaps

Postby Jornari » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:13 am

Impressive website.
I especially like the closeup photos.
The underwater conditions in UK is a lot like Norway and Sweden.
In Denmark the visibility is only 2-3m in the summertime and 3-6m during the wintertime.
Someday I will come to UK for diving.
Jorn Ari
Underwater Photographer
www.jornari.com
Jornari

Postby scottg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:23 am

hey Paul - welcome to the forums... several of us have been to Tiger Beach (although I haven't personally), you will have a great time.

did you research which sharks do you expect to see this time of the year, and did you make a list of the shots you want to get yet?

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby Scubysnaps » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:23 am

Jornari wrote:Impressive website.
I especially like the closeup photos.
The underwater conditions in UK is a lot like Norway and Sweden.
In Denmark the visibility is only 2-3m in the summertime and 3-6m during the wintertime.
Someday I will come to UK for diving.

Thanks Jorn for your kind comments on my site :), I used to use HTML and JAlbum initially, but for 2 years now I've been using iWeb, takes a lot of hassles out of it, be sure to look me up if you ever come over, I live right on the South coast, good sites anything from 45 minutes to 2 hours drive away. The seals are a 4 hour or 8 hours drive.
Last edited by Scubysnaps on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scubysnaps

Postby Scubysnaps » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:28 am

scottg wrote:hey Paul - welcome to the forums... several of us have been to Tiger Beach (although I haven't personally), you will have a great time.
did you research which sharks do you expect to see this time of the year, and did you make a list of the shots you want to get yet?

Thanks Scott, this time last year they had a Hammerhead for 4 days so fingers crossed, I booked it only last month as a last minute cancellation offer. I was oprioginally trying to get a space at the end of APril buit nothing was available, so I moved our Xmas Maldives trip to then instead. I really havent had much time to research it much than just the above, and hope the Tigers are there too, and of course the lemons.
I have a short mental list, have you any tips on what I should do in prep for this? I leave comfortable interent access this evening to fly to Miami tomorrow morning. Still got some pics to upload somewhere when I get there before I board Dolphin Dream!
Scubysnaps

Return to Introductions