HELLO FROM FRANCE

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby big moustach » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 am

Hi

i am Peter, french diver CMAS 3 stars, i have about 600 dives
i try to dive in different countries, il like particulary asia
i am sorry for my english, as you know in france we have some problem(s) with the language :(
my camera is a canon g10 with the housing of canon, a strobe inon z240, a lens dyron for the macro and a dome
during my last trip in egypt i have done wide angles photos with the dome and i have met problems ( bad quality in the corners, and some times white reflection )
i dont know if this problem comes from the sun or the strobe
i have done test in swimming pool (with sun and strobe ) and i dont understand because i have no problem :?:

thanks if you have an idea

peter
big moustach

Postby seekncritters » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi Peter! Welcome!

What "dome" lens are you referring to? What kind of lens mount are you using?

-Dana
seekncritters

Postby big moustach » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:03 am

Hi Dana

this dome is sold by dyron (french supplier) but it is made in china
it is done to be adapted at the shape of the front part of the housing and locked by 2 elastics and hooks
for the macro i must put on the housing a special part (dyron adaptator) with screw dia 67, and i screw the wet lens ont it

peter
big moustach

Postby seekncritters » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:39 am

Is this the product you're referring to?

http://scubasymphony.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_509_511&products_id=2108

Can you post some sample photos? Were you shooting into the sun when you were in Egypt? One thing that could be going on is the light (from the sun or from your strobe or both) could be reflecting off of the front of the camera's lens barrel and reflecting off the inside of the lens dome.

-Dana
seekncritters

Postby big moustach » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:58 am

Dana

I confirm it is this product (dome by dyron)

I have modified my photos in wide angle because they were bad, but I have posted 2 samples on a french web site, (at the end of the post) :
http://www.plongeur.com/forums/showthre ... ge=2&pp=20

it is not very clear for me concerning the reason of this defect, sun, strobe or its position :?:
about the sun in egypt I dont remember but I think for some pictures it was front and for others rear
and some thing is strange, in swimming pool with sun and strobe i have no problem
(a french diver has the same problem with this equipement)

Thanks for your help

this website is very interesting, we find a lot of advices :)

peter
big moustach

Postby seekncritters » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:37 am

Peter, we can't see the photos you posted unless we register for that French forum. Can you post here?

Thanks,

Dana
seekncritters

Postby big moustach » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:15 am

Dana

If you want to see photos on this french website you must be logged on it (I think this is the reason)
I have tried to send photos with this post but it doesnt work, please could you say me how to manage and I will do it

sorry

peter
big moustach

Return to Introductions