Greetings and Salutations from the London Contingent

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby adambmi » Thu May 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Hey folks,

Just a quick hello & intro from an expatriated New Yorker living in London.

I've just started shooting an SLR rig underwater and have found the UWPG an invaluable resource.... so much so, that on a recent dive trip to Egypt I actually ditched some of my clothes in order to be able to fit a printout of (most of) the guide in my already ludicrously-overweight luggage!

As far as my own UW imaging, there's no doubt I have a (very) long way to go before I'm producing the quality of stuff that stacks up against much of the work I've seen from the other photographers on the site.... but even if I never get there -- I know I will definitely have a hell of a lot of fun trying!!! :D

Looking forward to interacting with you all on the forums and elsewhere -- and hope that at some point I get to meet some of you other shooters in person out there in the field. Lastly - to everyone taking the time to contribute to the site -- the info is awesome, please keep it coming!

Best,
Adam
adambmi

Postby cuddlefish » Thu May 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Adam, welcome to the UPG forum! I must say I loved that story about ditching clothes for the guide!

Do ask questions, there are many on this forum who very well may have an the answer for you. Share your photos and journey in underwater photography, I look forward to them!!
cuddlefish

Postby adambmi » Fri May 14, 2010 6:00 am

Hey thanks Cuddlefish, will definitely do!

I've got a few shots of my first shot (excuse the pun) at using the SLR rig on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamsvoboda. These were all done at The Brothers and Elphinstone reefs in the Egyptian Red Sea on a weeklong liveaboard. Comments & constructive crticism would be welcome!

Best,
Adam
adambmi

Return to Introductions