Hello from the Netherlands

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby Joris » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:35 am

Hi there,

My name is Joris and I'm a marine biology MSc student from the Netherlands.

I've been working as a photographer for a couple of years, and I've been diving for a little longer, but only last year have I taken the plunge and purchased a second hand housing for my trusty old camera.

I've just released my new photography website into the wild where you can see the results of my efforts so far, and read my blog on underwater photography, biology and conservation.

Scott, congrats on a great site that's growing more useful every day!

Joris
Joris

Postby seekncritters » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Joris! Welcome to the uwphotographyguide forum. Your website and blog look great and you are capturing some wonderful images of the marine life around the Netherlands (I wish we had cuddlefish in our waters in Socal!).

Are you a football (soccer) fan? Congrats to The Netherlands for making the World Cup 2010 final!

-Dana
seekncritters

Postby Joris » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:48 am

Hahaha, thanks, but don't trade in SoCal just yet! I wish we had kelp forests... And in winter we get water temperatures below 4°C (about 39°F)!
I'm not normally a soccer fan, but I think I'm going to make an exception for the finals ;)... How about you? Was the world cup a big thing in the US?
Joris

Postby seekncritters » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE SoCal diving... It's just that we don't have cuddlefish! I want to see one some day :-)

Yes, I am a football/soccer fan, especially during the World Cup! US Soccer is getting better and better and hopefully next time we'll make it to at least the semi-finals! :-) I think the US viewership of the games is increasing more and more, and the games we played were particularly exciting this time around!

Good luck on Sunday !

-Dana
seekncritters

Return to Introductions