Hello from the Pacific NW!

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby nwscubamom » Tue May 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Hey Scott and everyone!

Thanks for putting this together. Looking forward to sharing ideas and photos with you.

I'm Janna and have been a Pacific NW cold water diver for about 11 years now. I've gone through various camera setups, never anything too fancy - and I love taking photos - always have. I've racked up over 800 dives now, most all in cold water, although I have been diving in Bonaire, Hawaii and...California! Does California count as an exotic country? :lol:

Currently I use a Canon G9 in an Ikelite housing, with just one Ikelite DS-51 strobe. Pretty simple, and I love it!

I do a bit of Scientific Diving and am a member of AAUS. Unfortunately, no cameras on those dives - your hands are always too busy with other equipment.

My favorite thing is teaching Fish and Invertebrate ID classes to divers. That's what drives my photography - always looking for a better shot of whatever fish or invert I see, and I use the photos in my classes.

So that's about it! Looking forward to 'chatting' with you all.

- Janna
--------------
Janna Nichols
www.pnwscuba.com
Outreach Coordinator
www.REEF.org
nwscubamom

Postby seekncritters » Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Welcome Janna from the PNW!

I can see how underwater photography would really enhance your fish and invert ID classes. I don't do scientific diving. I think I would miss taking photos too much!

If you want to count California as an exotic country, go right ahead! :-)

Great to have you here.

-Dana
seekncritters

Postby scottg » Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

hey Janna - it's great to see you on the board. And I'm looking forward to seeing you at the scuba show!

Janna's a true critter expert who will be helping to moderate the marine life forums

Scott

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Return to Introductions