Another 'Hi' from Switzerland

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jornari, cuddlefish

Postby venividi » Wed May 19, 2010 12:05 pm

I am a complete rookie regarding UW-photography and am so glad to have found Scott's site. It is so helpful to find answers across the board - be it the configuration of the equipment (and should something be missing what to look at for the next procurement mission) or the basic setup as it differs so much compared to regular photography...

In terms of sea diving I am most of the time in the Red Sea as it is a phantastic dive site reachable within a 4 hrs. flight. And unlike Willie, I am a cold water diver. So most of the time I do my dives (and now UW-photography) here in the Swiss lakes...
venividi

Postby scottg » Wed May 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Venividi - thanks for your introduction, and I'm very glad you are finding the guide useful. I'd really like to see the cold-water photos so post some in the photo forum! :)

btw, we will try to make Willie a cold-water diver

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby venividi » Wed May 19, 2010 5:19 pm

btw, we will try to make Willie a cold-water diver

:lol: yeah, I've read this! And thank you for the warm welcome!

As for the lake pictures, I need to have a decent collection first, before I can share pictures with the community. The lakes are not so rich of motives and often times viz is insufficient as water can be very murky (oh I'm longing for the cenotes). So it will take a while...

Besides, the pics from Switzerland you have in your 'split view section' - you know the ones with the Roman bridge in the background? This is actually not a lake but a river (Verzasca River). It is a very nice dive site in the south of Switzerland. And since it is a river, it is the reason why visibility is so good in the picture (and likewise the feasibility for split shots)...

Cheers,

Johnnie
venividi

Return to Introductions