New to this forum

Nudibranchs have a special place here. Share your photos and sightings!

Moderator: Dave Behrens

Postby northwestdiverdan » Thu May 20, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm posting here for the first time on this forum and thought I'd share a photo or two to start off. I dive around Puget Sound for the most part, but once in awhile I make it to Canada or California. Most of my dive time is spent poking around in the murky waters we call home looking for nudibranchs with my buddy Andy, who has the venerable quality of tremendous patience with his photographer friend.

Here's a Flabellina trilineata from Keystone Jetty Pilings on Whidbey Island.

a Limacia cockerelli from Monterey Bay CA

a Striped Nudibranch Armina californica found at the Alki Junkyard in West Seattle

And one of my favorites from last summer, an Orange Peel Nudibranch Toquina tetraquetra that I found at Neah Bay last summer. (my buddy's hand is a handy size reference.)
northwestdiverdan

Postby Kevin Lee » Thu May 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi Dan, welcome to the UPG forum. Thanks for sharing your slug shots. Impressive critters you've got up there in the NW. Wow, you sure that isn't a Pomello Peel - so huge! Wonder if you know Jan Kocian up your way. Best regards, K:-)
Kevin Lee

Postby scottg » Thu May 20, 2010 11:00 pm

hey Dan - that's quite a nice selection of nudibranchs you have on display there. I'm quite jealous of the orange-peel nudibranch. I've never seen one down here in so-cal, in fact there's only been 1 confirmed sighting/photo that I know of.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Scott Gietler Owner/Editor, Underwater Photography Guide & Bluewater Photo http://www.uwphotographyguide.com http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com

scottg
Site Admin

Postby northwestdiverdan » Sun May 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Kevin Lee wrote:Hi Dan, welcome to the UPG forum. Thanks for sharing your slug shots. Impressive critters you've got up there in the NW. Wow, you sure that isn't a Pomello Peel - so huge! Wonder if you know Jan Kocian up your way. Best regards, K:-)

Thanks! Glad to find a new forum. Yes, I know Jan, he's a regular contributor to some of our local dive forums and I frequently run into him at Whidbey Island when I go diving at the Keystone Ferry jetty on Whidbey Island. Jan is both a naturalist and an artist-- a source of inspiration for everyone who dives in Puget Sound.
northwestdiverdan

Postby Kevin Lee » Sun May 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Cool! Please relay my fond regards to Jan, next time you see him... tanks! k;-)
Kevin Lee

Postby Dave Behrens » Mon May 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi Dan:

Were you at the Tacoma Scuba show this weekend. If so, bummer, I had a booth there.

Nice pics.

Dave
Dave Behrens

Postby Kevin Lee » Mon May 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Dave, many folks asked about you down here, last week, at the Long Beach Scuba Show, too... k;-)
Kevin Lee

Postby northwestdiverdan » Tue May 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Dave Behrens wrote:Hi Dan:

Were you at the Tacoma Scuba show this weekend. If so, bummer, I had a booth there.

Nice pics.

Dave

sorry, I wasn't there-- I was off bicycling in Yakima trying to find some drier weather. (in vain). Would have been nice to visit your booth, for sure!

I did get in a quick dive early saturday morning and found a beer bottle with an octo and several Opalescents on it. :D

northwestdiverdan

Return to Nudibranch Photos