Fernando de Noronha - Brazil

Dive Reports, Destinations Questions, and Travel Issues

Moderators: sharkman, critter-hunter

Postby Michel Braunstein » Sat May 22, 2010 12:32 pm

In the summer 2009 (winter in Brazil ;-)

http://www.seayoo.com/articles/8828/Nor ... ature.html

Enjoy,

Michel
Michel Braunstein

Postby adrisub » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:45 am

Michael,
I am Brazilian and have been to Noronha a few times . It is a paradise .... you really do not have to worry about leaving your stuff on the beach or hotel, people are simple and willing to help . The beaches are ... well just look at your pictures! About diving thre is enough for everyone you may take your kids along,I did take my 6y old daughter and she snorkeled a lot. If you are a basic scuba diver there are some nice spots and for the advanced ones you have the Corveta wreck and all the outer sea.The visibility varies and the life too, some time there arre more shrarks, turtles, eagle rays and sting rays . And From march through june you maybe able to see turtle nests beeing opened, but the visibility is not that great.
There are three scuba operators there, from your pictures I think you dove with Atlantis. Ihave been diving with them all Atlantis has the best boats but wont give you some discount or take you to some different point . "Aguas Claras" is very good if you go with one ore two more advanced divers they will take you in a separate boat to better sites and may give you some good discount if dive with them for some days- try diving with a guy called Samuca he makes it happen. "Noronha Divers " is more simple, Fernando is the guy to dive with , the boat is small and old but they are very responsible an will take you to some places the others wont and if you say you want to take some pictures they will wait and not bother you .
I do have some friends that live there and also I have worked as avoluntary doctor at the hospital .
If anyone plans to go there I would be happy to help.
Have some pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/adri_bf_brandao/
adri
adrisub

Return to Dive Destinations and Travel